Millom: St George’s


Graveyard inscriptions CD

The church was built between 1874 and 1877 to serve the growing town of Millom. It was designed by the Lancaster architects Paley and Austin.

The church cost about £12,000 (£440,000 as of 2015) of which £7,186 was given by the Millom Ironworks.

Photograph © Andrew Hill and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.